Friday, March 12, 2010

Turkey Taco Burgers


I have several friends who are making their way south of the border lately.
Cancun, Mazatlan, you know the places. The typical spring-break-get-away-from-this-nasty-wintery-weather type places.
I am not going to any of these places.
The closest I will be getting to south of the border is this scrumptious, delicious taco burger. Yeah, I know, that's not really close at all but the burger IS quite tasty and hey, a girl can dream, can't she?
I ate this with a fantastic quinoa salad that I totally recommend!
Turkey Taco Burgers

 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey, lean
1/4 cup salsa
Taco seasoning:
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp.ground cumin
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper


Combine ground turkey with salsa. In a small bowl, combine spices and then add to turkey mixture. Mix thoroughly and form into 6 patties. Cook in pan on both sides until done. Serve on Arnold select sandwich thins.
Sour cream and salsa topping:
2 tbsp. sour cream, light
2 tbsp. salsa
Mix together for topping or dipping sauce. 2 servings.
Total calories for burgers = 1070
6 patties = 178 calories per patty
1 Taco Burger + 1 Arnold 100 calorie sandwich thin + salsa/sour cream topping + quinoa salad = 451 calorie dinner
Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.

4 comments:

  1. yummy Debbie, those are a great idea! Perfect for the turkey I have in the freezer right now!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those burgers look really fabulous. I also like the idea of serving them with a quinoa salad. Sounds great to me. Have a great weekend...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a taco burger before but I have been in the mood for burgers just about everyday. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i so wish I were going south-of-the-border. But the only way I'll get there at this point is through food. These look great!

    ReplyDelete